Sunday, September 7, 2008

To make myself clear...

No matter how many weeks I see it, people leaving early from Mass always gets my dander up. I'm busy, you are busy, the Priest is busy...and I fail to see how the 10 minutes makes that much of a difference. Not that there are not good reasons...people leaving to staff the tables in the hall, or when we had CCD on Sundays are certainly reasons to leave, but to beat the traffic does not seem to qualify, to me.

I bring that up because I have a similiar reaction when people question the "why" of bringing these issues up. Maybe it is the genes of my red-haired Irish grandmother, but I do get my hackles up on a few issues.

However, as one poster put it, I do think we should be cautiously optomistic about the changes that were made this year. Maybe, as another poster said, it did take a pound of flesh, but can anyone say that the changes are not good ones? We've got more parental involvement, more openness in the classroom, a group to plan strategically for the future which goes a long way to where we need to be.

So let's pray for a good year and pray that the relationships heal, on both sides. I call on everybody to reach out....wave, greet, call, volunteer, e-mail, or do whatever you feel comfortable in trying to reestablish the rift between those you "know" are for and those you know are against the actions of the post year. I've heard many say that it is too late, but if BOTH sides reach out we can take those steps to make the school as best as it can be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, here...Must've been listening to the same homily I was..

Anonymous said...

Except that people have been to her and have allowed their names to be used by Father Dan only to be treated worse than before by her.

The Quizzinator said...

I think that remains an area that needs improvement, but I am not sure how one forces that. Volunteering, going up to HER and talking (even if you are convinced she doesn't like you) might be a start...and if she doesn't respond nicely...hey, we can always use more material here!

Anonymous said...

Agreed.