Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Doubting Thomases

What is amazing is how many stories are coming or confirming early reports as we end the school year. Maybe it is frustration or exhaustion, but I'm just full of stories.


Although many readers don't quite believe it, we do try to confirm what we post here. I don't want to get people in trouble, and I don't want to be libelous, either. I've heard great stories that prove our basic contention, but by writing them I would expose sources AND me - at least until I can figure out a way to write it.


For instance - there is a story that has been floating around for a while that one of our former priests said he believes she will destroy the school in 5 years. Now, when I first heard this, it seemed a bit extreme, even to me. However, little birdies are confirming to me that enrollment and reenrollment figures for next year are down for next year, so he may not be that far off. Given as our turnover rate is through the roof, we are accepting more and more marginal students, and the economy offering an assist, it does not bode well for the school.

No comments: