One interesting process is the evolution of those who see the light. Be it a gradual awakening or a quick jolt, or simply what they've decided to reveal to the world (spies are everywhere, after all), watching some come out of the closet. Not everyone, of course, starts at the beginning, nor do all spend a whole lot of time in each, but the "Six Stages of Jacono" has been observed in many people.
And, to be honest, I've even observed a few who appear to have gone back, but the Dr. Quiz thinks this is a temporary condition.
1. Blind Loyalty: Nothing she did was ever wrong, everything that has gone wrong was someone else's fault, and problems are blamed on the messengers.
2. Corporate Stooge: A few problems with her, perhaps, and the source of most of the "well, she is a good x, but sometimes she has a problem dealing with some people". However, she is a principal and must be followed....and besides, the church picked her so we simply don't understand it, but it must be for the good.
4. Reluctant Acceptance: Where most people fall, and where most stop evolving, which is to her advantage. Not happy with one or more of her decisions or practices, but content with the teachers or not willing to take the next step. Source of most of the grumbling.
5. Rebel: Have been yelled at, or have yelled at Denise, generally. Have gone to Father Dan, or tried to go even further (not a step that I ever thought had a snowball's chance in hell, BTW).
6. Disengagement: Either waiting out a final child in school, or have already left.